Best consulting and coaching – in all areas of intellectual property protection
Protecting your rights – everywhere in the world
Competent consulting – for more than a century
The law firm TERGAU & WALKENHORST has its roots in Nürnberg. In 1902, Heinrich Fieth founded his patent attorneys office in the North Bavarian industrial metropolis. In 1912, Ludwig Brake joined the firm as a partner and continued to manage it until the 1930s. In 1939, Dr. Erich Wetzel takes over the firm as a sole proprietor, and manages it through World War II and the reconstruction period. In 1962, Enno Tergau joined the firm as an apprentice and subsequently became a patent attorney and a partner. After Dr. Erich Wetzel's death in 1973, he is the one managing the firm and starting as of 1974, together with his associate, patent attorney Hans Ludwig Pohl, under the name Tergau & Pohl Patentanwälte.
Dipl.-Ing. Dietrich Tergau joined the firm in 1990, and became a patent attorney in 1993 and a partner in 1997. In 2000, patent attorney Dr. rer. nat. Andreas Walkenhorst establishes the office in Frankfurt am Main. Since January 01, 2011, TERGAU & WALKENHORST Patentanwälte – Rechtsanwälte has continued its tradition, founded in 1902, at its locations in Nürnberg and Frankfurt am Main.
Knowledge and competence gained from professional networks
• Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (www.patentepi.com)
• Fédération Internationale des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle (www.ficpi.org)
• German Patent Attorneys Association (Bundesverband Deutscher Patentanwälte) (www.bundesverband-patentanwaelte.de)
• International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (www.aippi.de)
• German Association for Intellectual Property and Copyright (Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht e.V.) (www.grur.de)
• Intellectual Property Experts Group (Vereinigung von Fachleuten des Gewerblichen Rechtsschutzes) (www.vpp-patent.de)
• Bundesverband mittelständische Wirtschaft (www.bvmw.de)
• Intellectual Property Owners Association [German Association for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses] (www.ipo.org)